As of 10 February 2020 there have been 774 people killed worldwide and 40 171 people infected with the virus.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans according to the World Health Organization.
Common signs of infection include:
* Cough and shortness of Breath
* Respiratory Symptoms
* Breathing Difficulties
In more severe cases the infection can cause:
* Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
* Kidney Failure
Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. There are several known coronaviruses that are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans. It is therefore important to always wash your hands after playing or touching any type of animal.
To help prevent the spread of Coronavirus, be thorough with the following:
* Regularly washing your hands with soap and warm water
* Have your home, office or child's school regularly disinfected by Sprinkle Spray
* Thoroughly cooking meat and eggs
* Avoiding close contact with anyone showing any of the above symptoms
* Always cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing
* Regularly disinfecting your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer